The Megacab Army Truck
Well, Brother Joe and friends are into a cool one. How about an extended cab 5 ton army truck, for Saturday nite cruising!!Megacab build thread.
- All it takes is an army truck, extra cab, a steel cutting circular saw, a welder, friends, and inspiration!!
- First round of mock up.
- The beam in the ceiling has an 8 ft clearance.
- Boy, that thing is gonna be tall!
- Setting the donor cab on the chassis for fitting
Cab gets trimmed down
Ok project Megacab update!
- I have been working 6 days a week and have been fighting a brutal winter but we should be back on it Sunday!
- We have the drive shaft with carrier bearing finished, airbags with hardware, new rear cab mount and a ton of steel!
- The bed has had 4’6″ removed from the center and looks factory! The floor has been removed and the front was spread 16 ” to remove the taper and match the cabs! Hope you enjoy the pictures! Joe
- Driving in the trimmed original cab.
- clean and mean
- another view of the chassis
- joe and more cab parts. just a big puzzle
- Moe, the cab roof and the garage door have a discussion.
- This gives you an idea of how tall it is. that is the top of a 12 ft door joe has to work around.
- Cab end and getting ready to fit some floor and mounts to the frame
Chopping the bed down
- Bed fabrication. Shortening the original bed, but also retaining all the fold down sides, so its trim away the hardware, clean them, and all the rust you find.
- the original hardware re-installed on the 2 ft shorter bed